Congratulations you DID it!!
Dear Alliance Leaders,
An important message from Adam Schmid, Veterans and Human Services Levy | Operations & Logistics Specialist, about the Levy going forward:
King County voters have approved the Veterans, Seniors and Human Services Levy (VSHSL). Election results were certified on November 28th and voters approved Proposition 1 (the VSHSL) with 68.6% of the vote.
Stay up to date on the VSHSL planning and implementation process:
The VSHSL team at King County is moving forward with implementation planning for the new levy and will be posting information and updates to http://www.kingcounty.gov/VSHSLPlanning.
At this site you will find details about:
- The Levy’s first year Transition Plan (including information on upcoming Council meetings)
- The Levy’s Implementation Plan
- The Levy’s plan for continued resident oversight boards (including information on upcoming Council meetings)
Inform the VSHSL’s Implementation Plan:
Attend a community conversation or respond to the online survey (available in English, Spanish, Chinese, Russian, and Somali)!
The upcoming community conversations will be at Kenmore, and Burien. More conversations will follow in February 2018.
December 6th, 2017 @ 4:00 PM in the Kenmore City Hall
- Address: 18120 68th Ave NE, Kenmore, WA 98028
- RSVP & Details: www.KCKenmore.Eventbrite.com
- Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/496212174082767
December 7th, 2017 @ 2:30 PM in the Burien Community Center
- Address: 14700 6th Ave SW, Burien, WA 98166
- RSVP & Details: www.KCBurien.Eventbrite.com
- Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1486076844801786
The VSHSLwebsite has copies of the meeting packets used for these community conversations available in English, Chinese, Russian, Somali, and Spanish.
The VSHSL Implementation Plan survey open at www.kingcounty.gov/VSHSLPlanning The survey will close in mid-January-please respond and share with your networks and communities! Everyone is encouraged to participate.
Thank you for your interest and engagement in this process, check back at the VSHSL website for future updates.
Adam Schmid, Veterans and Human Services Levy | Operations & Logistics Specialist
King County Department of Community and Human Services
401 Fifth Ave, Suite 500 | Seattle, WA 98104
Adam.Schmid@kingcounty.gov | 206.477.9338